Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lime Chicken Tacos (And Back to Blogging)

I'm back!  To blogging that is.  It's been a year.  I stopped out of laziness and then found a new passion.  Knitting has become my new love!  So much so that my mom and I collaborate on Heartfelt Creations.  We've been selling our accessories and even opened an Etsy shop.  It's awesome to be able to work with my mom and we're definitely blessed.  Anyway, that's a blog post for another day.  On to the food.

Before Pinterest existed Food.com was my favorite place for recipes.  I still use it regularly.  Lime Chicken Soft Tacos is a recipe I found ages ago and it's stood the test of time in my ever rotating list of recipes.  It's a great Spring/Summer dish.  We eat a lot of Mexican inspired dishes and this one is a nice change.

First saute chicken in a saucepan over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.  The last 5 minutes I turn the heat to medium/high to brown it.  We like the flavor it adds.


Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic, and oregano.  When I took my green onions out of the fridge they had started to brown.  That ALWAYS happens to my precious green onions!  Next time I buy some I'm going to freeze them.  I found the idea on Pinterest.  You'll soon find I find lots of wonderful things on Pinterest.


Simmer 5 to 10 minutes then serve in warm tortillas with toppings of your choice.  Tonight we did cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa.  I used the delicious salsa we got at WeOlive.  Check out the cool shot of my Roasted Jalapeno & Garlic Salsa.  It looks like it's floating.


We also like them with rice and beans.


And speaking of tortillas, check out my new favorite things!  Tortillaland tortillas.  They come uncooked, ready to be heated up and munched down.


They only have 5 ingredients and are super tasty.  I bought 2 huge bags at Costco for a ridiculously low price and I'm so happy I did.  They are cooked in your skillet, 30 seconds on each side, no oil or butter required.  They're pretty fun to cook up too. They get all bubbly and poofy.  Then they look like tortillas.


Now enjoy your tacos!  I roll mine into mini burritos so nothing falls out.


Ingredients
1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 in pieces
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
2 green onions chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
tortillas
tomatoes
lettuce
cheese
salsa
sour cream
any other toppings you want

No comments: