Thursday, May 17, 2012

Easy Chicken Enchiladas


 




   Today I was craving something cheesy.  These enchiladas were the perfect way to satisfy.  I have made enchiladas lots of different ways.  Chicken with cream cheese and green chiles, plain cheese with red sauce, and enchilada casserole to name a few.  I love them all.  Authentic or not, cheese and tortillas with sauce is always a crowd pleaser in our house. Tonight's version were a hit.  Ben said if I want to make them once a week he would never get tired of them.  So here you go.

Easy Chicken Enchiladas
1 lb boneless chicken breast
8 flour tortillas
4 cups monterey jack cheese
1 10oz can green enchilada sauce

  1. Boil chicken in water until cooked enough to shred.  I cook mine at a rolling boil for about 40 min with some bouillon in the water.  It shreds really nicely for me that way.  You could also use leftover chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken
  2. Add approximately 5oz enchilada sauce and 2 cups cheese to shredded chicken and mix.  I used sharp cheddar because that's what I had.  I think you could use almost any melty cheese. 
  3. Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray.  Cover bottom of dish with enough enchilada sauce to coat.  A nice thin layer will do.
  4. Put mixture in 8 equal parts into the tortillas, roll, and arrange in casserole dish.
  5. Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  7. Cover enchiladas with remaining cheese and bake an additional 10 min until cheese melts.


   And there you have an easy, 4 ingredient meal.  Serve with rice and beans.  Top with sour cream if you want.  Just don't expect there to be any leftovers.





2 comments:

Wilbanks on the Water said...

Yum! Have to try this recipe! Thanks!

Jess said...

You're welcome. I love easy meals.