Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kindergarten At Last!!!



Well I started this blog and then never wrote again. I guess you could say Lorisa and Avery inspired me to start again. And what better way to start than Luke's first day of Kindergarten. While it has been 1 month now and he is doing great, I thought posting the pictures of his first day would be good. He went in just fine, wasn't nervous at all. It was so bittersweet. While I know he needed, was ready, to go to school; it was still hard seeing my baby go. Luke and Ivy have become such their own little people. And the differences in them is really funny to see. What surprises me the most is how close they remain. They look out for each other, take care of each other. Growing up like an only child I never knew the closeness of siblings until I was a teenager and could relate to my own sister. But they have a relationship unlike any other. They hate being apart. They still sleep in the same room on the weekends and actually miss each other on weeknights when we force them to sleep in their own rooms. When Luke is upset he goes to Ivy and sometimes even crawls in her lap while she comforts him. They are constant playmates and rarely ever get tired of each other. I pray every day that they remain that way. I think they will. I can't believe how time has flown by. People always tell you it will but you never believe it until it happens...

No comments: